Saturday, 7 August 2010

Card gone wrong....

Hi again!

Well, after thinking I was going to get lots of craft time this week the opposite happened!  There's always something else to take priority, but I did get lots done even if it wasn't crafting. 

I made this card on Tuesday but I didn't like it :p

I took the flower off, covered the top white part of the card with the reverse side of the blue paper and made this....


I had coloured and cut out this little image a few weeks ago when I was playing with the copics.  She is coloured using the blender pen and a little colour from the nib of the pens (just to give a lighter effect)

I think she's a lovely match for this double sided paper which was in my scrap drawer. (I think it might be 3 Bugs in a Rug?)   The background die cut is cut with a Nestabilities blossom die which I then kept in the die after cutting out and used Tim Holtz distress ink - Victorian Velvet - to colour it in.

The sentiment is computer generated - Pea Stacey Tunibug font - and cut with Nestabilities Labels Trio dies and coloured the same as the other die cut.

The flowers are Prima e-line and Kaisercraft. The rock fern punch is by EK Success.

Thanks for looking in today, have a great weekend :)
Sarah xx


Vicky Hayes said...

They're both lovely cards. Love the off-centre heart in the centre of the flower on the first one. The second is a magnificent piece of subtle colouring! Your cards are always beautifully made.

Lynne in NI said...

Gorgeous 'repair' job Sarah - though I can't see anything wrong with the original anyway!