Saturday 2 June 2012

June scrap map challenge at Creative Craft World

Good morning :)

The weeks are flying by and it's time again for a new scrap map challenge

All you have to do is use the sketch (below my layout) as a guide
to create your own page and upload it to the challenge blog here.
You could win a CCW kit and a guest design team spot :)

I kept my layout very simple this time.

Every year the school holds a 'Mad Hair Day' to raise funds for the school and the children all pay £1 to have the privilege of mad hair for a day....
This is how I did Phoebe's hair.

You may be wondering why it's not 'mad'...
...she hasn't the patience to sit and get her hair done and squeals if it pulls at all!
Just lately though,
we've discovered a new brush called 'the tangle teezer' which has made our mornings a lot quieter :)
I'd definitely recommend it.
Her bun is supposed to resemble a cake with ribbon tied around it and the flowers are the decoration. They were tied through her hair with very fine wire.
She told her teacher she was an Easter cake :)

To make the page, I started with a white embossed sheet of Bazzill card. I pierced 4 rows of holes in the shape of the lines on the sketch and stitched red embroidery thread through the holes. I then took yellow embroidery thread and added a looped stitch under the red. (as in the photo below)

I kept the flowers from her hair and added some of  them to the layout, embellishing them with puffy stickers, looking glass elements and rub-ons from Making Memories ~ gigglekids girl.


Close up of the stitching.

The texture of the flowers and stickers.

That's the end of my first post today,
I'd love it if you could pop over to Creative Craft World
for some more inspiration using this months sketch :)

I also have a 2nd post to share today
and it's exciting news about a Guest Design spot for this month :)

Thanks for visiting
 and see you soon!
Sarah xx

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:
Crafty Anns ~ flowers and butterflies
Scrapbook Sisters ~ anything goes
Make it Monday#91 ~ anything goes
Just Keep on Creating#2 ~ anything goes

14 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fabulous layout Sarah - I'll definitely be using this one! Phoebe's hair looks fabulous and she makes a delicious looking cake! Thanks for the tip on the hair brush which I'll pass on to a young lady in this family who isn't much of a fan of hair brushing! Vicky x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Sarah this is such a pretty layout! I love all of those flowers and the stitching is a really nice touch :)

Lou said...

Gorgeous LO Sarah :) x

susibee said...

I love the stitching, it looks really good and your daughter's hair is amazing.

Jenny said...

This is fabulous Sarah! Love the stitching and the flurry of flowers to match your daughters hair yet you have left that yummy white space :0) what a fun fundraiser day.
Jenny x

Chrissy said...

Really beautiful Sarah...the flowers in her hair down to the page, are fabulous. Gorgeous layout.Love the stitching and colours..gorgeous work..

Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

Luv CHRISSYxx

Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

Ann Whitfield said...

This is an absolutely fabulous layout Sarah, I love your sketch. The texture on the page is wonderful and your daughter looks gorgeous even when I can't see her face! Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Miranda Mols Stampin Utopia said...

O my god, this is great! I love it.

Lisa Minckler said...

Outstanding layout! What gorgeous hair and beautiful flowers. I never would have thought to do something like this when my kids were this age. When my daughter was that age, she was a total tomboy and flowers were the last thing she'd let me put in her hair! :( Love that you have this wonderful memory.

Thank you so much for taking the time to link up your talent and creative ideas with us at Make It Monday!
Lisa xx

Michelle said...

Hi

Wow, what a gorgeous layout!! I just love your use of white space and the flowers are just beautiful.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW love her hair and the layout suits it perfectly

Sue from Oregon said...

This is so pretty in its bright colors and simplicity as well!

Unknown said...

How fabulous is this memory page …….
What gorgeous details and all colours on the white is just superb,fabulous flowers and the photo is super, well done.
Great work Hugs Elaine

MiniOwner said...

Beautiful hair and a fab LO. I love what you did with my sketch, Sarah. Thank you.
Sue x