Friday 20 May 2011

Happy Birthday - Daisy with balloon

Hello again everyone :)

I'm pleased to say Phoebe has fully recovered and I'm getting a little crafting time again. Isn't it funny when they're sick they won't let you out of their sight and when they're better they 'don't need you anymore'  as Phoebe said to me yesterday - that's gratitude isn't it!! She also asked me what age I was and when I told her I was 39 she said, 'oooh that's a BIG number isn't it?' so it really was a 'make mummy feel good day'....lol 

On to today's card...  I downloaded this little Daisy image from Squiggle stamps and I think she's so cute...
I coloured her with Koh-i-noor pencils and matted on to bubblegum bazzill cardstock. The DP's are Doodlebug design and the ribbon is from Poppicrafts - some of their ribbons are still available on ebay even though the online shop has closed.  The die cut corners are from this Tim Holtz atc die and the sentiment is computer generated using Boring Joined font.  I added glossy accents to the balloon and sprinkled with Glamour Dust.
close up of balloon

Thank you for joining me today and I hope to share some more projects soon.  I'm working on a little mini book for Phoebe and a cupcake book for Caleb.

Sarah x

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Lovely card Sarah, pretty colours. The sparkly ballon is fab. Lol about the comments from Pheobe...they tell you like it is don't they :)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

What a cute card and I love the sparkly balloon too. I don't wait for those kind of remarks - instead I get in first, telling my children that I am a very, very old lady indeed! Glad Phoebe's better now! Vx

Ruth said...

Beautiful card, especially the glittery balloon!
Glad Phoebe is better and you're "not needed" lol! Ruth x

Anonymous said...

Glad Phoebe is better! This is such a very pretty card and very sweet. Just adorable1 xx

Maria Matter said...

super cute Sarah! love these happy colors!

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card Sarah! Love this sweet image (I've got it too) with her glittery balloon. Fab bright colours :o) Lisa x