Saturday 14 May 2011

Teacher thank you card - LIM

Hello again!

I'm afraid I couldn't resist the challenge over at the Less is More blog and my nephews' cards are still waiting to be made... The challenge this week is to make a one layer card with embossing!
For some reason in my photos the embossed oval looks as though it didn't imprint properly but looking at the card now - it did! Maybe the camera's picking up something I can't see.....!
It's about a month and a half now until the children finish school for the summer holidays and I'm having to think about teachers cards & gifts... This challenge was just perfect to get me started. 


 heat embossed image

It's very simple to make -
I embossed the background with an oval nestabilities die.
Then stamped the Messy rabbit schoolhouse stamp with pinecone versacolor ink, added clear detail embossing powder and heat embossed. I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to position the stamp but I think it's still tilted a little to the right....
I stamped the sentiment using Woodware clear stamps with cardinal red versacolor ink and again heat embossed with clear detail embossing powder.
I coloured the image with Koh-i-noor pencils, paper stumps and Sansodor solvent.

Looking at it again I'm not too sure it needs a sentiment....

Thanks for visiting again and for all your comments - they mean a lot to me!
Sarah x

32 comments:

kelly said...

what a fab little card, great for the occasion!!
Kelly xx

Ruth said...

Super card...you're well organised!! Ruth x

Sarn said...

I think this is really cute!

Hugs, Sandra My card is HERE!

Deborah Frings said...

This is really lovely - I can't think of a better image for a teacher's thank you card! Love the colouring - very soft effect with the pencils!

Suze Bain said...

A great card. Super image and colouring. x

Anonymous said...

This is perfect Sarah! x

Zoechaos said...

Fab fun bright cheerful card. XOXO Zoe

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a cheery lovely card, Teacher will be thrilled me thinks!

Chrissie said...

You're certainly getting ahead of the game with this card!
You'll be totally prepared by the end of term.
Great embossing!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Gibmiss said...

HI
Love you card .....really Lovely
hugs
sylvie
xxxx

Lynne said...

Super card. Love it.
Lynne xxx

Jenny said...

This is super, love the sweet image. I love the effect of nesties to emboss frames on cards, still trying to work out the perfect sandwich combo to emboss in my Big Shot :)
Jenny x

Mandi said...

Super simple card, perfect OLC
FAB!
Thank you
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Linby said...

Great CAS card - perfect for the teacher.
Linbyx

Seafield Jo said...

This is a great card Sarah, bright and cheery colours. Jo

Kate said...

Cute card xx

Jan said...

Lovely card xx Jan

Kathyk said...

Forward planning? That's the key! And this is a smashing card any teacher would be very happy to receive

Kathyk

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous card - so simple yet so happy! x

Ruth M said...

What a sweet card - great colouring!

Jess S said...

what a perfect cas card

Rosemary said...

what a sweet card!! so perfect for a teacher!

Ang C said...

A gorgeous card

Hazel said...

It's lovely and the teacher will be very pleased with it. Hazel x

StampingStace said...

This is sooo cute!
Stacex

G Peplow said...

Hi there, this is just perfect, love the image and the embossing looks grand:0) xxx

Wishcraft said...

Great card, love the image you've used and the embossed frame. I wish I could get ahead - I'm always so last minute! Lisa x

Sally H said...

great card and lovely image. I must try embossing frames with a nestie

Susan said...

What a perfect image for a teacher's card! Love the embossed oval...really adds to the stamped image!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's perfect the way it is Sarah! Look at you - thinking ahead! Think how relaxed you'll be at the end of term! Vx

Lisa A. said...

What a wonderful teacher's card...will be so appreciated...very sweet:)!!

Aileen said...

Super teacher card. x