Monday, 12 March 2012

Less is More - One layer 'script'

Hi everyone :)
I managed to get out to the craft room for half an hour this morning and I made this card for the Less is More 'script' challenge this week.
I did find it a challenge making this card and I'm not sure I'm happy with the end result....
but it's good to move out of my comfort zone!

 I cut out the circle card and the templates with the Silhouette Cameo.

Hopefully the photo below shows what I used to make it....
I sprayed the back of the circle butterfly template and arranged it on the base card.
Then using a Technique Tuesday script stamp I stamped over it with Color Box pigment ink.
I added the smaller die cut butterfly on top and inked around the edges with a lighter pink ink.
I removed those templates and added the butterfly body template over the top and sponged it with grey ink.
I stamped 'thank you' (Technique Tuesday stamp) in pink ink and added clear adhesive gems as a butterfly trail.

~~~~~~~

I'd like to say a special thank you to everyone who left a message on my last post - it really meant a lot to me :)
Phoebe has tonsillitis but is a bit perkier this morning!
Thank goodness for the Doctor on call and antibiotics :)

Thanks for visiting my blog today :)
Sarah xx

20 comments:

cathi139 said...

Absolutely fantastic, great work
Cathi from Germany

Jenny said...

Oh it's so pretty Sarah, I love the soft pink butterfly...great technique :0)
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

Poor Phoebe - tonsillitis is no joke. Love to you all Sarah, Vicky x

Sasha said...

Such a pretty pastel card. I love the stamping technique you used:)

Victoria said...

Such a beautiful card Sarah. Love the idea for this butterfly.
Hugs, Victoria ~x~

Margaret said...

Beautiful card Sarah. Hope Phoebe gets better soon
Margaret x

Loli said...

Hola Sarah, i love the sof color, great idea your technique for the butterfly, beautiful cardÑD
A hug from Palma

Linda said...

Very pretty card, I love the butterfly x

Chrissie said...

Sweet card Sarah!
It's great to see a differently shaped card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Molecraft said...

Oh I love this Sarah, a perfect CAS card!
Helen x

Anja said...

It's a stunning card. Great idea to use a circle shape for your card.

bastelengel said...

You are not sure about your card?! This card is gorgeous! A wonderful and new idea in this challenge.

Mandi said...

Simply super Sarah
Thank you very much
mandi
"Less is More

S said...

Simple but so pretty.

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card Sarah
well done
Hugs Elaine
simply stylish

GinaA said...

What a sweet card, great take on using script, love the soft colour.

Brigitte said...

Very beautiful card. I love the butterfly!!!

Linda said...

Beautiful image and shading! Love your round card decision!

Gibmiss said...

Hi sarah
Fabulous card ..... Stunning....
Hugs
Sylvie xx

L*I*S*A said...

Wonderfull and lovely.
Lisa