Thursday 16 February 2012

Baby boy card

Hi everyone:)

I'm a little bit later posting this than I had planned. Phoebe had a birthday party to go to this morning and we're just home.
I made this card for my sister-in-law's sister who had a baby boy, Fionn (pronounced Finn) on Valentine's day :)   I found it really hard to match the colour of the pram with the background paper but after throwing 3 in the bin, I admit defeat and this one will have to do!  The papers are imaginisce and the sentiment is computer generated.  The gorgeous little image is from DigiStamp boutique. I embossed the striped paper in the Big Shot using the Sizzix snowballs folder.



I don't think you can see it in the photo but I added glossy accents to the heart and the frills on the pram.

Thank you for visiting by my blog :)
I'll be back tomorrow with the card I made for the birthday boy today.

Have a lovely evening!
Sarah xx

I'm entering this card in the following
Delightful challenges - use your scraps
Inky Impressions challenge - use punches or dies
Digital Tuesday challenge - use your stash
Penny's paper-crafty challenge - anything goes
Incy Wincy Designs challenge - 3 embellies, 2 papers, 1 image
DigiStamp Boutique - any card made with DSB image

Supplies
Card base 15x15cms
DP- Imaginisce - baby powder
Bazzill - cocoa
Nestabilities - oval
Seam binding
Card candy
Sizzix embossing folder - snowballs
Image - DigiStamp Boutique - baby Zoe & Henry
Fonts - Stars From Our Eyes / JustDucky
Coloured with Copics

13 comments:

MiniOwner said...

Oh so cute!
Sue x

Joy said...

Wow you really are busy at the minute Sarah!! Love the card. It can be frustrating when your colours won't work. Sometimes I get Naomi to help out. She has a good eye for colour.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love this combination of colours and how you have used them, a beautiful card. Love the papers too.

PS I have just had a quick look through your blog and I LOVE your style of cards and the quilt is gorgeous. Thanks for your visit and lovely comment on my card

Vicky Hayes said...

The more vivid colour on the image makes it really pop Sarah. I love the combination of colours and papers you've chosen and there's loads of lovely texture in there as well. Hope mum and baby are doing well! Vicky x

Joey said...

Sarah this is absolutely gorgeous! beautiful colours and image, thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions. Joey xx

Wishcraft said...

It's gorgeous Sarah, and I bet the ones you threw away were lovely too! Love this image and your papers are fab :o) Lisa x

Kerry said...

Your card is very sweet. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Tracy said...

This is one of the cutest baby cards I've ever seen. Love the colors, image, and design! Thanks so much for joining us at Inky Impressions!
Tracy
GD Inkette

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Sarah! Love the papers and image - fab colour scheme.
xx

Anne said...

awwwwwww this is a gorgeous creations Sarah, fabulous colour scheme and great image too
Thanks for playing along with Inky Impressions and good luck
Anne x

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Such an adorable card I bet the new mum was delighted! Thanks so much for using your scraps and joining us at Delightful this week hugs Susan x

papertrails leaver said...

What a precious card! Love the baby image! Thanks for joining us at Penny's for our anything goes challenge! :-) Amy

Unknown said...

Oh this is adorable honey - thanks for sharing at Inky Impressions xx