Saturday 18 July 2009

Elzybells Sketch Challenge #23



This is the first time I've entered a sketch challenge, but I loved Elizabeth's sketch from http://elzybells.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/07/challenge-23.html and I needed to make a card for my nephew - Happy Birthday Harry!! So I thought I'd use the sketch and enter the finished card in the challenge!
I stamped the boy yo-yo twice, watercoloured with distress inks and cut out the cap, t-shirt, trousers, shoes and yo-yo from the second image and placed them on top of first image with 1mm and 2mm foam pads to give a 3D effect. I stamped the sentiment with black ink and broken china distress ink and punched it out with a circle punch. Then attached it with 1mm foam pads. The card candy (backless brads) were attached with silicone glue.

I've been making a lot of boy cards lately, mostly through necessity as I've got 10 nephews and only 3 nieces :) Still love to do girly cards though :)
I got side tracked with this card as it had to be mailed today but will have more pics of my TR album soon! Not enough hours in the day!!

Supplies
Stamps (www.elzybells.co.uk)
20-039 Family greetings stamp set
16-026 Yo-yo
Designer paper (cosmo cricket)
Distress inks for watercolouring and distressing edges
Versafine black ink
Circle punch
Foam pads
Silicone glue

No comments: