Sunday 16 May 2010

Triplets Birthday cards

My nephews' birthday is today and yes ~ they are triplets!!  Instead of buying them a present this year we've decided to give them money to spend on whatever they wish!  I made these little gift card holders / money wallets to put it in.  I downloaded the template from the 2peas in a bucket website in December.

The car/motorbike die cuts are Cuttlekids dies and the notice board is a freebie download from Dustin Pike.  I added the 'happy birthday' sentiment to the notice board by using WordArt on the computer, printed it out and then cut around the edge.  The red, green and blue circles are washers cut out of card and a black brad inserted through the centre of each. I chalked around the edges of the die cuts and below the wheels to take the flat look off them (if that makes sense!)

You can add your message to the inside flap (if it was for a girl I'd be adding flowers and stamping but boys prefer it plain!!)  Before sticking the bottom flap at each side I embossed it with the 'Happy Birthday' Cuttlebug embossing folder.  To keep the top flap closed I used a small piece of adhesive velcro.
Side view

These are so easy to make and if it's for a girl you can add loads of lovely embellishments to the top and bottom flaps :)  Just the perfect size for a Gift Card.

Supplies
Designer Paper - Basic Grey-Cupcake
Cardstock - Red, Green, Blue, Black, Silver
Template - 2Peas in a Bucket
Dies - Cuttlekids, Sizzix washers
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Happy Birthday
Notice Board download - Dustin Pike
Brads
Velcro
Black chalk

I'm still working on my Mini Books and should have them ready soon.

Thanks for looking today! x

2 comments:

Lynne in NI said...

Oh what a fab idea Sarah, and I love how they're all different! ... those die cuts are just perfect!
Lynne
:o)
BTW I won my bow easy in a comp but they're for sale in http://www.bunnyzoescrafts.com/ and I can definately recommend it as my bows were total rubbish before I got it!

Anonymous said...

these cards are gorgeous. Love the way u create all the different vehicles.. this is so cool and fun. :D ...